Please note that you must have the Virtual Private Network (VPN) connected when you are setting this up so that you can test the connection.
In Dreamweaver, go to Site Menu > New Site
On the Site tab:
- Enter site name (shows in Dreamweaver for your reference)
- Click the folder icon to browse to the folder on your computer where the local copy of the website files will be placed.
On the Servers tab click the + symbol at lower left of blank pane. Fill out the below on the "Basic" tab:
- Server Name: Office of Communications and Marketing
- Connect Using: FTP
- FTP Address: pancho-ded.rutgers.edu
- Port: 21
- Username: (Contact Gary Huntzinger, firstname.lastname@example.org, for this.)
- Password: (Contact Gary Huntzinger, email@example.com, for this.)
- Root Directory: (leave blank)
- Web URL: the address of your website
- Expand More and make sure that Use Passive FTP is deselected.
- Click "Test". You should receive a message that Dreamweaver connected successfully.
- Click "Save."
Your website should now show up in the "Files" window (it's either on left or right depending on your setup).
Transferring Files in Dreamweaver
In "Files" window, underneath the drop-down menu that says "Local view", click the little square aqua-and-white icon to open two windows side by side, with local and remote files.
Click on the icon that looks like two plugs to connect to the FTP server.
You can transfer files from your local computer to the server (or vice versa) by dragging and dropping.
Please note that you must have the Virtual Private Network (VPN) connected when you are transferring files.